What is price difference between solar street light and traditional street light ?
Publish Time：2018/01/04 Industry Dynamic View：411
Traditional street light which is mentioned in this text is powered by public electric grid.
The effectiveness of solar street light and traditional street light.
1) The installation of traditional street light is complicated, at first it need pave cables, it need dig ditch, paving concealed conduit, getting through wires inside conduit, backfill, etc, then it need a long time to install and debug, it need large-scale rework if any circuit has problem. In addition, the request of terrain and circuit is complicated, the cost of labor and accessories are high.
The installation of solar street light is easy, it doesn’t have to pave complicated wiring when installing, just need create a cement base, then just need use tempered glass screw to fix it.
2) The electric cost of traditional street light is high. Traditional street light has fixed electric cost when it work, it need continue to maintain or change for circuits and other allocations, the maintenance cost is increasing every year.
The electric cost of solar street light is zero. The investment of solar street light is in one-time, don’t have maintenance cost, it just need 3 years to return investment, then getting revenue in a long term.
3) Traditional street light has potential safety hazard. For traditional street light, In many aspects, such as construction quality, reconstructing for landscape project, materials degradation, abnormal power supply, conflict in electrical conduit, etc, it brings many potential safety hazard.
Solar street light doesn’t have potential safety hazard. All of solar street lights are lover voltage products, secure operation and reliable, environmental friendly, It can reduce maintenance cost.
From above, Solar street light is security and no potential safety hazard, energy-saving, environmental friendly, easy to install, auto to control, maintenance free, etc, these traits can bring obviously advantages for construction of municipal works.
The price comparison between solar street light and traditional street light:
Take a project in Beijing as an example, a street whose length is 5km, width is 20m need be installed street light along the street. Take 40m interval between each two lights, and symmetry arrangement, it need 250pcs street lights totally. If the price of traditional street light is US$1000/set, every inspection shaft need be set up in each lamp-post, the price of solar street light is US$2,600/set.
The difference for them is main as below:
1) In terms of the first investment, the cost of solar street light is higher than traditional street light.
2) If taking its lifespan as 25 years, considering operation and maintenance cost, the total cost of traditional street light is higher than solar street light within their lifespan, and the scale is larger, the cost of traditional street light is higher.
3) The operation and maintenance cost of traditional street light is higher than solar street light, and the cost is higher with more long time to use.
4) Solar street light is safety and stability, maintenance free, don’t have potential safety hazard and solar light can be changed to control to enhance its stability. While traditional solar street light has potential safety hazard, the electricity would have leakage if having some flood disaster.
Above all, solar street light can save total investment from the long run, high cost performance than traditional street light, it is environmental friendly resource and renewable energy, one time to invest, it can be used in a long time.
Bingsolar Power, 4th, January, 2018
- How to get a superior outdoor LED Light?
- What should be considered when you select ...
- Is price high? Why is still so many home r...
- Developing Renewable Energy Would Stimulat...
- What is the development history for decora...
- What are structural components for LED gar...
- How to guarantee your solar pv system work...
- Africa has become the Biggest Potential Ma...